Friday, May 6, 2011

Ceramic: Punyama Punpun teapot WIP

Currently making my final project in my Ceramics class.
The assignment was to make a functional teapot! The teacher told us to be creative, so I made punpun.
Punpun is a teapot now :3
 
 Read more for photos!
 

The front! You can see the hole in his..beak? here, for pouring out water. It's small, because I didn't want it to stand out much.


The back! You can see his scarf here (supposed to be a handle of sorts, lol! An actual handle would have looked out of place, so I risked getting points off and made it like this instead.

Better view of the scarf, and the lid.

The lid, for adding water into the teapot! I added bandaids as a way for the lid to be easier to lift, and I think they also represent this kind of young punpun.

Hollow on the inside, of course! The lid is a perfect fit.

Hidden message under the lid! lol~

Closeup of the face!

His eyes are carved into the clay. I gave them a scribbly texture so that it looks more.. punpun like.


じぃーーーーーー

If I made his legs out of clay, they would have broken, so instead I'll give him pipe-cleaner legs after he is painted!
My signature, a small punpun, and "Oyasumi Punpun by Asano Inio"

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, this is so cute. I would love to have a nice teapot like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that's it. I have to read this manga this week. I love the teapot. It has some really nice touches, especially the band-aid lid. It does lack a handle, but other than that I think it came out really well. Good job! (now make a spare for me please...)

    ReplyDelete