Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My precious!

Dollfie Dream 2, DDH-01
One of my most prized and expensive possessions: this doll! She's my first and so far only BJD. I don't really have a name I like for her yet, but for now I'm using Mifuyu
Unlike many DD owners who buy character dolls (a fully assembled and painted doll based on a character), I went the custom way for mine. Her head was ~50 dollars, body was 230 dollars,  and everything else ran for about 20-30 dollars each.
Character dolls are insanely expensive, so I went the custom way since it was hundreds of dollars cheaper, and I wanted to create my own doll rather than have a character. Dollfie Dreams are ~50cm tall (that's around 2 feet!) and are made of vinyl, compared to resin like normal BJDs.

Alot of people like to hate on Dollfie Dreams because they're so animu looking, but I think they can be insanely cute if they're painted and dressed right. I've seen alot of dollfie owners who have really creepishly anime dolls.. ;_;

Does anyone else own a doll? Is anyone creeped out by ball-jointed dolls? My sister sure is.

No comments:

Post a Comment